50 Self Care Ideas Which Can Be Done In 20 Minutes Or Less (and are competely free!)
Hello! I write a lot about self care, and the importance of looking after yourself for both your physical and mental health. Being a mum, you’re programmed to put your children first, and carving any time out for yourself can be tinged with guilt. I’ve been there.
Here are 50 ideas of self care which you can practice in 20 minutes or less and are completely free! That’s swapping 20 minutes of t.v in the evening, scrolling through Facebook aimlessly or while your littley is napping to something which is going to make you feel amazing! Some of these self care ideas can even be done on the bus.
1. Create a feel-good playlist on Spotify and listen to it
2. Dance like no one is watching
3. Write down what’s on your mind in a journal
4. Enjoy a warm bubble bath
5. Sit quietly and drink some herbal tea (I have some fab suggestions here)
6. Watch a motivational Ted Talk on YouTube
7. Listen to a podcast (check out my favourites here)
8. Take a brisk walk in the fresh air
9. Burn a candle and meditate
10. Start a gratitude jar (see here for instructions)
11. Create a vision board
12. Put on a facemask (if you don’t have one mix up oats and honey – tastes good too!)
13. Sing your favourite songs
14. Pick up a good book and read
15. Take a nap
16. Sit in a coffee shop and people watch
17. Phone your best friend for a chat
18. Write a love letter to yourself (you need to be reminded how fab you are!)
19. Practice yoga
20. Write a poem (it doesn’t even have to rhyme!)
21. Do some colouring in (my favourite colouring book is here)
22. Go to an art gallery and soak in the culture
23. Dream about your next holiday
24. De-clutter the drawer of doom (we all have one!)
25. Oxygenate your body by breathing deeply
26. Burn some essential oils (lemon is my favourite for feeling uplifted)
27. Massage your feet
28. Deep condition your hair
29. Paint a picture
30. Create some affirmations and say them (if you’re stuck, get some inspiration here)
31. Walk in the woods and connect with the trees
32. Make a nourishing green smoothie (I love pineapple, spinach, banana, kiwi and cashew milk)
33. Put on some bright lipstick
34. Clear out your wardrobe and donate the items to charity
35. Create something with your hands – knit, crochet or model something with clay
36. Chant (check out YouTube for how-to videos)
37. Put on an item of clothing that makes you feel incredible
38. Pull out some angel cards and ask your guides for help (these are my favourites)
39. Put clean sheets on your bed
40. Say no to the things you don’t have to do
41. Read inspirational quotes on Pinterest (you can follow my board here)
42. Give something a cuddle – a pet or a pillow will do!
43. Lay on the ground with your arms next to you, letting the earth support you
44. Cloud watch
46. Bake a cake and eat it
47. Tell someone what they mean to you
48. Plant some seeds in the garden
49. Wrap yourself in a blanket and daydream
50. Write yourself a letter of forgiveness
Do you have anything you particularly like to do? Let me know in the comments below!
All my love,
Soon after qualifying as a Reflexologist in my early 20s, I discovered that more and more women were booking into my clinic for fertility treatments. This sparked a huge curiosity for me, as there was so little evidence (due to lack of studies) to explain how...
One of the most common questions asked by my pregnancy clients at my clinic in Cambridge, is which are the best essential oils to use to de-stress and unwind during their pregnancies (and which ones should they avoid) so I’ve come up with a handy guide. It’s advised...
The whole ethos of Sister Chill is to equip you with quick and easy tools to aid relaxation. I’m talking 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there. Things you can do at your desk in your lunch break, or while your baby naps. Small commitments which, over time, will take you...